The Plum Guide is building a marketplace of the world’s best holiday homes. For real!
We are taking a systematic and obsessive approach to testing every single home on the planet, and accepting only the top 1%.
We do so by putting every home through The Plum Test: a gruelling hospitality exam, which uses a mix of algorithms and physical visits by hospitality experts.
We launched 2 years ago in London. Since then, we have grown 20% month on month, vetted over 80,000 homes and reached over £11m in annualised sales! We are backed by an all-star cast investor group including Local Globe (TransferWise, OneFineStay, Citymapper), Octopus Ventures (Secret Escapes, Eve, Tails), BGF Ventures (Trouva, Roli, Gousto), Alex Chesterman (Founder of Zoopla), William Reeve (Founder of Love Film), Alex Saint and Troy Collins (Founders of Secret Escapes), Errol Damlin (Founder of Wonga) Jason Goodman (Founder of Albion) and many more.
We have just closed our Series A round of funding. Now the real work begins. We want to transform our product's experience and look & feel to rival the world's most iconic digital brands. That's where you come in.
Plum is a design-led company, but right now we’d give ourselves a 1/10 for the look, feel and sophistication of our digital product.
So what does success look like? You will have hit the ball out of the park if after 12 months you have revolutionised the experience of our digital product to such an extent that:
- 90% of our customers rate their booking experience a 9 or 10/10.
- Our site conversion has doubled (we can explain more when we meet).
- 90% of our customers describe the (digital) Plum experience as highly differentiated and engaging.
What you’ll be up to
This is a highly entrepreneurial role that will quickly evolve and morph as the business develops. However, to bring it to life, here is what you can expect to be doing:
- Lead the creative direction of our digital product, eventually building out the product design team at Plum.
- Design all the User Experience and User Interactions for our product, across desktop, mobile and tablet: from a full product redesign and concepting completely new features all the way through to daily tweaks and improvements for conversion optimisation. For a flavour of the projects you might work on:
- 360 redesign of our homepage.
- Rethinking our search function as we internationalise.
- Revolutionise our mobile experience.
- Improving the UX of the payment page to optimise conversion.
- Building the Plum Guide app.
- Designing additional services functionalities we are planning like fridge fills.
- Creating beautiful transactional and content emails.
- Become the voice of the user and the user experience throughout the design process, leveraging your knowledge of the latest design trends and best practice in UI/UX.
- Participate and contribute to weekly customer sessions designed to get feedback on our user experience.
- Devise our digital marketing collateral (if you are that way inclined): working with our marketing team to conceive and execute disruptive Facebook, Instagram and display ad creative.
- And just generally make us look sexy!
Who we are looking for
We’d love to hear from you if...
- You find the idea of building one of the world’s most iconic digital products insanely motivating.
- You have 5+ years experience in product design: creating and shipping beautiful UX and UI designs across multiple platforms (Web, android, iOS, emails).
- You are obsessed with, and great at, User Experience design:
- A natural knack for creating highly intuitive and simple user experiences.
- Excellent skills in developing wireframes, user stories and journeys.
- Good knowledge of the main prototyping tools: e.g. InVision, Proto.io and MarvelApp.
- Up to date with new trends, technologies and tools to develop the best digital experiences.
- You are fantastic at designing beautiful and emotionally engaging UIs and have the portfolio to back it up. You really really care about the look and feel of things.
- You have a track record of your designs leading to large jumps in conversion.
- You have amazing attention to detail and extremely high standards - one pixel off is a big deal.
- You have a real in depth understanding of how your designs are used by engineers and how to work with them to ensure pixel perfect implementation.
- You can design from a position of empathy with a specific customer type, and are experienced in integrating customer insight into your design process.
- You’re a team player who enjoys collaborating, but you’re also comfortable with standing up and fighting for design you believe in.
- You’re a good listener and enjoy creative problem solving.
- An opportunity to become the chief visual architect of what we hope will become one of the world’s most iconic brands (humble ambitions, we know).
- Lots of variety and creative freedom in a risk-taking environment.
- Genuine ownership and influence to turn The Plum Guide into a brand famous for beautiful digital design, beloved by our target market.
- Be one of the earliest team members of what we believe will be one of Europe’s most famous start-ups.
- Be part of a passionate, friendly and transparent culture.