The Plum Guide is building a marketplace of the world’s best holiday homes. For real!
We are taking a systematic and obsessive approach to testing every single home on the planet, and accepting only the top 1%.
We do so by putting every home through The Plum Test: a gruelling hospitality exam, which uses a mix of algorithms and physical visits by hospitality experts.
We are funded by an all-star cast investor group including Local Globe. We are closing our Series A round of funding with the objective to take Plum global. The first city we are opening is Paris.
We are building a business that brings world leading technical excellence alongside incredible visual creatives and brand builders to be globally successful.
You will be joining a team of 5 skilled developers in a fast-paced environment with lots of knowledge sharing and super interesting problems to solve. You will always be learning and have project ownership and responsibility.
Over the next 3 months you will:
- Work on an array of projects to scale our platform to multiple cities. This includes working on i18n, booking platform, payments and our cloud architecture.
- Work in sprints to improve conversion, performance and support growth.
- Play a key role mentoring, leading best practices and code reviews.
- Be responsible for shaping the stack, integration, deployment, testing and agile processes.
- Write awesome code!
Taster of 3 months and beyond:
- Build an algorithm that automatically identifies the op 1% of homes from every platform.
- Build on demand services allowing guests to fridge fill, airport pick-ups and additional cleaning.
- Help us crack the science behind the perfect stay. We collect a lot of data about each home and we intend to leveragethis to understand what guests really want. If you have any machine learning interests, that would be a huge bonus.
- Building cloud architecture to scale to 25 cities.
- Have the opportunity to take on more responsibility and ownership with paths to team leading and beyond.
Who we are looking for
Our platform is the most important thing we do as a business. As such, we are looking to meet outstandingly brilliant characters with unreasonably high standards.
If we could wave a magic wand and hire our dream person for this role, you would:
- Have 5+ years developing experience at start-ups, agencies or software companies.
- Be product focused and know what we deliver affects end users.
- Possess a hacker’s wit and speed but be pragmatic to think about the long term.
- You love code, languages and idiosyncrasies of the dev world.
- Whilst we have .NET at the core of our stack, we’re pragmatic about other technologies and open-minded about yourtechnology background.
- You enjoy learning, are interested in emerging tech and frequent sites like Hacker News and Coding Horror.
- You need to be proactive, self-motivated and prepared for start-up life.
- You will be a dedicated team player; we’ve got your back so make sure you have ours.
Your tech skills & our stack
As we grow so does our stack and processes. Our current obsessions are data, performance and scalability. A healthy mix of experience in our stack and beyond would be highly desirable.
- C#, .Net, MVC, Core 2.0, Web API, EF.
- Cloud infrastructure, AWS, Azure.
- OO, distributed and architectural design patterns.
- SQL, NoSql, Redis, Elastic.
- Code optimization / performance.
- CI / CD, TeamCity, Octopus.
- Integration and unit testing frameworks, Selenium.
- Bitbucket, Git, Jira, Slack.
- Be surrounded by smart people.
- Be part of a close knit and growing tech team that are going places.
- Work on a stack that you can call your own with latest software and tools.
- Learning, learning and learning! Over the next months and years you will have worked on a variety of projects and technologies that pushed boundaries.
- You inevitably will become one of the most sought after developers in London.
- Competitive salary and generous options scheme: our ambitions are huge and we hope it pays out for all.
- Be part of a transparent and open culture.