The Plum Guide is building a marketplace of the world’s best holiday homes. For real!
We are taking a systematic and obsessive approach to testing every single home on the planet, and accepting only the top 1%.
We do so by putting every home through The Plum Test: a gruelling hospitality exam, which uses a mix of algorithms and physical visits by hospitality experts.
We launched 2 years ago in London. Since then, we have grown 20% month on month, vetted over 80,000 homes and reached over £11m in annualised sales! We are backed by an all-star cast investor group including Local Globe (TransferWise, OneFineStay, Citymapper), Octopus Ventures (Secret Escapes, Eve, Tails), BGF Ventures (Trouva, Roli, Gousto), Alex Chesterman (Founder of Zoopla), William Reeve (Founder of Love Film), Alex Saint and Troy Collins (Founders of Secret Escapes), Errol Damlin (Founder of Wonga) Jason Goodman (Founder of Albion) and many more.
We have just closed our Series A round of funding. Now the real work begins. We need to start growing rapidly and that’s where you come in.
We are aiming to grow 10x over the next 18 months! PPC marketing will be the number one driver of that growth. This is your mission.
Being a start-up, your job will vary over time. You may end up having an input in other areas (analytics, SEO, social, remarketing), but by the most part, you will have hit the ball out of the park if with-in 18 months of starting:
- Revenue from PPC has grown 10x.
- PPC Customer Acquisition Costs have halved.
What you’ll be up to
To bring the role to life, here are the kinds of things you can expect to be doing:
- Day to day PPC account management and optimisation (Google and Bing), this includes:
- Managing the daily bidding and revenue optimisation.
- Running a program of always-on testing and iteration: A/B testing landing pages, copy, segmentations and so on.
- Conducting complex data analytics to identify insights that will improve performance.
- Managing and improving our dashboards and reporting.
- Working to discover new pockets of opportunity (e.g. new countries, new categories, new words) and turning them into profitable revenue sources.
- Internationalising and localising our PPC campaigns. We will be launching a dozen+ new cities over the next 2-3 years. You will be:
- Designing and launching new PPC campaigns for every new city.
- Managing multi-country accounts as we expand.
- Creating local language campaigns (particularly in European languages such as French, German and Spanish).
- Helping the business overall in analytics and decision making.
Who we are looking for
If we could wave a magic wand and hire our dream person for this role, you would:
- Have 2+ years experience running search PPC campaigns, with a track record of performance.
- Be intensely passionate about data and analytics, with proven experience analysing large data sets.
- Have a Mathematics/ Statistics based degree (or similar) from a top tier university, with a 2:1 or higher.
- Be a hyper analytical and logical thinker.
- Proactive and confident self learner; whilst you will be coached by some of the best, we are looking for people who are unafraid to try new things and can teach themselves on the job.
- Have a real eye for detail.
- Seriously ambitious: you are hungry to do well and learn quickly.
- Super hard working.
- Target driven and intensely commercial.
- Ability to speak multiple languages is a plus.
- An unparalleled learning opportunity, being coached and mentored by some of the best in the performance marketing space.
- If we make our objectives happen, you will inevitably be one of the most sought out digital marketing talents in London.
- Own stuff. A lot of stuff. You will have tons of responsibility and own your “projects.”
- Be part of a transparent and open culture: you will be part of discussions on tech, fund raising, product, global expansion and so on.
- Competitive salary (varies greatly depending on the person).