The Plum Guide is building a marketplace of the world’s best holiday homes. For real!
We are taking a systematic and obsessive approach to testing every single home on the planet, and accepting only the top 1%.
We do so by putting every home through The Plum Test: a gruelling hospitality exam, which uses a mix of algorithms and physical visits by hospitality experts.
We launched 2 years ago in London. Since then, we have grown 20% month on month, vetted over 80,000 homes and reached over £11m in annualised sales! We are backed by an all-star cast investor group including Local Globe (TransferWise, OneFineStay, Citymapper), Octopus Ventures (Secret Escapes, Eve, Tails), BGF Ventures (Trouva, Roli, Gousto), Alex Chesterman (Founder of Zoopla), William Reeve (Founder of Love Film), Alex Saint and Troy Collins (Founders of Secret Escapes), Errol Damlin (Founder of Wonga) Jason Goodman (Founder of Albion) and many more.
We have just closed our Series A round of funding. The objectives of this round are to take Plum global and continue to differentiate the brand and the experience for our guests and hosts.
Imagery is one of Plum’s most important and differentiating assets so we spend a lot of time getting it right. Once a home passes the Plum test and is accepted to the collection, we arrange a photoshoot.
A photographer (and sometimes stylist) spends up to 3 hours in the home, depending on its size, to prepare and execute the shoot. You’ll then be expected to edit and format the images and send them to our team to be uploaded on to the site. Most photographers do between 5 and 10 shoots per week, but your schedule is controlled entirely by you.
What you’ll be up to
The photographers are an extension of our team, but on a day-to-day basis, you can expect to:
- Join a training session about the Plum brand and our photography guidelines to ensure the style and aesthetic is consistent on the site.
- Visit some of the most beautiful vacation homes in London and meet their owners.
- Prepare the shoot and working collaboratively with the stylist to achieve the standards set out in our Photography Guidelines.
- Edit, re-touch and format images to meet the requirements.
- Position each home for the right target market (e.g. families, couples, businesspeople etc.) with a particular focus on mature, affluent creatives and professionals.
- Provide feedback to Plum HQ to improve the photography process.
- Be an ambassador of the Plum brand.
- Build the Plum brand, culture, and team in London.
Who we are looking for
We’re looking for energetic and passionate people who love their city. Get in touch if:
- You’re passionate about interiors, design, and hospitality and have an opinion about what’s good enough, and what isn’t.
- You have a solid portfolio of interior, design, or architecture photography.
- You’re able to tell a story about a space through photos – and can capture the things that make it special.
- You think real estate photography is bland and boring, and can bring much more life to a space.
- You’re a people-person. You find meeting and getting to know new people easy and a pleasure, and regularly get told you make a great first impression.
- You’re organised and always on time for appointments and meetings.
- You’re committed. You take responsibilities seriously and never miss deadlines.
- You have exceptionally high standards. From food to art and fashion, you live and breathe design excellence and have an eye for it.
- You take pride in your work and wouldn’t dream of putting your name to something sub-standard.
- You share the same taste and standards for quality as our target guest: mature and affluent creatives and professionals.
Why Be a Photographer:
- Learn about curation and hospitality. We’re building a unique and fascinating formula for the perfect stay based on art, science, and data.
- Work flexibly.
- Add to your portfolio with a calibre of home you won’t find anywhere else.
- Get paid to explore incredible homes - it’s a great way to top-up your income.
- Explore your city and make connections with fascinating hosts.
- Be part of a passionate, friendly and transparent culture. We’re building an amazing place to work where everyone is learning and challenging themselves.
- Opportunities to grow into new roles. Some of our Photographers in London have been recruited for office-based roles or special projects.
Hours & compensation
You will be paid between £60 to £120 per photoshoot, depending on the size of the home. We estimate a photoshoot will take between 2 and 5 hours. This includes travel time to and from the visited homes if you’re based in London.