The Plum Guide is building a marketplace of the world’s best holiday homes. For real!
We are taking a systematic and obsessive approach to testing every single home on the planet, and accepting only the top 1%.
We do so by putting every home through The Plum Test: a gruelling hospitality exam, which uses a mix of algorithms and physical visits by hospitality experts.
We are funded by an all-star cast investor group including Local Globe. We are closing our Series A round of funding with the objective to take Plum global. The first city we are opening is Paris.
We are building a business that brings world leading technical excellence alongside incredible visual creatives and brand builders to be globally successful.
You will be joining a team of 5 skilled developers in a fast-paced environment with lots of knowledge sharing and super interesting problems to solve. You will always be learning and have project ownership and responsibility.
Over the next 3 months you will:
- Work on an array of projects to scale our platform to multiple cities. This includes working on i18n, booking platform, payments and our cloud architecture.
- Work in sprints to improve conversion, performance and support growth.
- Involved in shaping the stack, integration, deployment, testing and agile processes.
- Write awesome code!
Taster of 3 months and beyond:
- Build an algorithm that automatically identifies the op 1% of homes from every platform.
- Build on demand services allowing guests to fridge fill, airport pick-ups and additional cleaning.
- Help us crack the science behind the perfect stay. We collect a lot of data about each home and we intend to leverage this to understand what guests really want. If you have any machine learning interests, that would be a huge bonus.
- Building cloud architecture to scale to 25 cities.
Who we are looking for
Our platform is the most important thing we do as a business. As such, we are looking to meet outstandingly brilliant characters with unreasonably high standards.
If we could wave a magic wand and hire our dream person for this role, you would:
- Have 3+ years developing experience at start-ups, agencies or software companies.
- Be product focused and know what we deliver affects end users.
- Possess a hacker’s wit and speed but be pragmatic to think about the long term.
- You love code, languages and idiosyncrasies of the dev world.
- Whilst we have .NET at the core of our stack, we’re pragmatic about other technologies and open-minded about yourtechnology background.
- You enjoy learning, are interested in emerging tech and frequent sites like Hacker News and Coding Horror.
- You need to be proactive, self-motivated and prepared for start-up life.
- You will be a dedicated team player; we’ve got your back so make sure you have ours.
Your tech skills & our stack
As we grow so does our stack and processes. Our current obsessions are data, performance and scalability. A healthy mix of experience in our stack and beyond would be highly desirable.
- C#, .Net, MVC, Core 2.0, Web API, EF.
- Cloud infrastructure, AWS, Azure.
- OO, distributed and architectural design patterns.
- SQL, NoSql, Redis, Elastic.
- Code optimization / performance.
- CI / CD, TeamCity, Octopus.
- Integration and unit testing frameworks, Selenium.
- Bitbucket, Git, Jira, Slack.
- Be surrounded by smart people.
- Be part of a close knit and growing tech team that are going places.
- Work on a stack that you can call your own with latest software and tools.
- Learning, learning and learning! Over the next months and years you will have worked on a variety of projects and technologiesthat pushed boundaries.
- You inevitably will become one of the most sought after developers in London.
- Competitive salary and generous options scheme: our ambitions are huge and we hope it pays out for all.
- Be part of a transparent and open culture.