The Plum Guide is building a marketplace of the world’s best holiday homes. For real!
We are taking a systematic and obsessive approach to testing every single home on the planet, and accepting only the top 1%.
We do so by putting every home through The Plum Test: a gruelling hospitality exam, which uses a mix of algorithms and physical visits by hospitality experts.
We launched 20 months ago in London. Since then, we have grown at 20% month on month, vetted over 80,000 homes and are on track to reach over £10m in annualised sales! We are backed by an all-star cast investor group including Local Globe (TransferWise, OneFineStay, Citymapper), Alex Chesterman (Founder of Zoopla), William Reeve (Founder of Love Film), Alex Saint and Troy Collins (Founders of Secret Escapes), Errol Damlin (Founder of Wonga), Jason Goodman (Founder of Albion) and many more.
We are currently closing our Series A round of funding. The objectives of this round are to take Plum global, to differentiate the brand and the experience for both our guests and hosts, and to maintain our rocket-speed growth.
We are looking for a bright and driven intern who wants to work with different teams on their day to day tasks as well as on various new projects. While this is initially a 6-month internship, there will be an opportunity to join full time in one of our teams (marketing, brand, product, sales).
What you’ll be up to
You will mainly be shadowing the London MD and Guest Sales team and assisting them with their day-to-day tasks, which will be wide and varied. Here are some of the things you can expect to be doing on a daily basis:
- Assisting with the production of the listings (photos, descriptions, area recommendations).
- Helping out with the scheduling of home critics, photographers and stylists.
- Interacting with management companies and serviced apartment companies (who have many homes in their portfolio). Being part of the team that ensures the relationships with those accounts are strong commercially and that they maintain high quality standards.
- Assisting with cultivating the community of hosts in London, making Plum their favourite platform. This includes contributing to the creative communication, attending events and meet-ups.
- Answering calls from guests as well as interacting with them on LiveChat.
- Listening closely to customer questions, guiding them with your local knowledge on our neighbourhoods and “matchmaking” them to properties that will deliver a perfect stay.
- Innovating and developing your sales techniques; contributing to team knowledge-sharing sessions; providing and learning from the team and peer feedback.
- Making every guest a Plum super fan and being an advocate for our brand by charming their socks off and giving them an incredible personalised service.
- Helping guests in the swift resolution of any issues that arise pre or in-stay.
Who we are looking for
This role requires a hungry and ambitious individual who finds the idea of working in one of the UK’s fastest growing start-up insanely motivating. You don’t need to have any experience to be considered for the role. Your raw talent and work ethic is much more important to us. Specifically, though you are...
- Genuinely ambitious and with an unreasonably high standard for what is good enough.
- Super intelligent and a quick thinker.
- A real bias for action. You like to get your hands dirty.
- Unbelievably good with people: you love talking to people and they love talking to you.
- Clear communicator and with good writing skills.
- Super organised.
- Able to start ASAP.
- Incredible learning opportunities in building and scaling a digital business: not only will you play a role in driving growth at a VC-backed business, but you will be exposed to all facets of scaling: fundraising, marketing, engineering, finance and ops.
- Be surrounded by smart and hungry people in a passionate, friendly and transparent culture.
- Plenty of opportunities to grow into new roles.
- £15,000 annual salary