The Plum Guide is building a marketplace of the world’s best holiday homes. For real!
We are taking a systematic and obsessive approach to testing every single home on the planet, and accepting only the top 1%.
We do so by putting every home through The Plum Test: a gruelling hospitality exam, which uses a mix of algorithms and physical visits by hospitality experts.
We launched 2 years ago in London. Since then, we have grown 20% month on month, vetted over 80,000 homes and reached over £11m in annualised sales! We are backed by an all-star cast investor group including Local Globe (TransferWise, OneFineStay, Citymapper), Octopus Ventures (Secret Escapes, Eve, Tails), BGF Ventures (Trouva, Roli, Gousto), Alex Chesterman (Founder of Zoopla), William Reeve (Founder of Love Film), Alex Saint and Troy Collins (Founders of Secret Escapes), Errol Damlin (Founder of Wonga) Jason Goodman (Founder of Albion) and many more.
We are currently closing our Series A round of funding. Our single most important objective for the next 18 months it to bring our NPS score to the top 0.1%ile of the travel sector. Seriously!
After all, that is what the Plum Guide is all about: delivering the perfect stay.
That is where you come in.
At Plum, we have been investing a lot of time and effort in decoding the “formula” of what makes a perfect stay. We use this formula to guide how we test homes and drive new feature and service innovations. We call this formula “The Science Behind the Perfect Stay”.
The reality is, that we are at the foothills of this journey. Our formula needs lots of work and there are dozens of services and product innovations we need to launch to genuinely deliver on the promise.
This will be your role.
Specifically, you will have hit the ball out of the park, if in 12 months our NPS score is at the top 0.1%ile of the travel sector.
What you’ll be up to
This is a highly entrepreneurial role that will quickly evolve and morph. However, to bring it to life, here is what you can expect to be doing:
- Running an always on program of observational, qualitative and quantitative research to identify customer pain points and opportunities for delight.
- Translating these insights into innovations in all parts of the customer journey, including:
- The booking experience: e.g. showing guests the right information at the right time
- The pre-check in experience: e.g. building tools for guests to order fridge fills, airport pickups and daily cleaning.
- Our customer service offer: e.g. designing the “Plum Way” of delivering service.
- The in-stay experience: e.g. creating a training program for hosts on delivering hospitality the “Plum Way”.
- Our testing process: e.g. generating improvements to our home testing process.
- Implement the innovations: Turning the big ideas into real products, with beautiful user experience. You will launch both digital as well as “off line” innovations.
- Be responsible for improving our site conversion: developing new features and user journeys that will meet our goal of doubling conversion over the next 12 months.
- Build and manage a world class innovation team: you will be expected to build a team of 8-10 UX designers, hospitalityexperts, researchers and developers.
Who we are looking for
This role really does require a very diverse set of skills. With that in mind, we will prioritise hiring people with the right raw talent and attitude, over particular skills. The important thing is that you:
- Find the idea of designing one of the world’s most famous consumer products and services insanely motivating.
- Are scarily ambitious and with an unreasonably high standard for what is good enough.
- Highly attuned to noticing customer pain points, behaviours, hopes and fears. And able to convert them into piercing insight.
- Fearlessly creative: able to turn these insights into truly original solutions that surpass even the most discerning customerexpectations.
- A resourceful doer: able to translate these ideas into, in-market innovations, quickly and with limited resources. You are superaction driven.
- A beautiful eye: an impeccable taste in design, aesthetics and usability.
- An intense (almost) maniacal attention to detail.
- Highly analytical: deconstructing problems logically & solving them using data, insight & gut.
- A motivating and inspiring individual: able to attract amazing talent and inspire them to deliver the best work of their lives.
- Highly commercial, with great business sensibility.
- A passion and vision for what makes great digital products is a must.
- A track record of designing and launching product and service innovations.
- A confident self-learner: confident at teaching yourself new things on a daily basis.
- An unparalleled opportunity to make a name for yourself as a world class product & service designer.
- Incredible learning opportunities in building and scaling a consumer brand: Not only will you lead the Customer Experience of a VC backed business, but will be exposed to all facets of scaling a digital business: fund raising, marketing, engineering, finance and ops.
- If you make your objectives happen, you will inevitably be one of the most sought out talents in the London start-up, hospitality and technology scene.
- Genuine influence and control: you will join the leadership team and work as an equal with the founding team in setting the strategy and vision for Plum.
- Be the 15th team member, of what we believe will be, one of Europe’s most famous start-ups.
- Competitive salary and generous option scheme: our ambitions are huge and we hope it pays out for all.