The Plum Guide is building a marketplace of the world’s best holiday homes. For real!
We are taking a systematic and obsessive approach to testing every single home on the planet, and accepting only the top 1%.
We do so by putting every home through The Plum Test: a gruelling hospitality exam, which uses a mix of algorithms and physical visits by hospitality experts.
We launched 2 years ago in London. Since then, we have grown 20% month on month, vetted over 80,000 homes and reached over £11m in annualised sales! We are backed by an all-star cast investor group including Local Globe (TransferWise, OneFineStay, Citymapper), Octopus Ventures (Secret Escapes, Eve, Tails), BGF Ventures (Trouva, Roli, Gousto), Alex Chesterman (Founder of Zoopla), William Reeve (Founder of Love Film), Alex Saint and Troy Collins (Founders of Secret Escapes), Errol Damlin (Founder of Wonga) Jason Goodman (Founder of Albion) and many more.
Now the real work begins. We have just closed our Series A round of funding and have huge ambitions to maintain our rocket-speed growth. To achieve this, we need a powerhouse, world-class sales team.
That is where you come in.
We are looking for a bilingual English / French speaker to join our ambitious growth team as a Guest Sales Executive to help sell both London and Paris. You will be based in London for at least the next 6 months and must have a working knowledge of both cities.
Our Sales Team has been vital to our success so far and sits at the front and centre of our growth strategy.
What you’ll be up to
Your responsibility will be to drive sales from potential guests who are looking to stay in one of the world’s best holiday homes. Here is what you can expect to be doing on a daily basis:
- Working from our Shoreditch office (for at least the first 6 months and then have the choice of working from our Paris office), you will respond to incoming guest enquiries via email, LiveChat, phone or WhatsApp.
- Listening closely to customer questions, guiding them with your local knowledge on our neighbourhoods and “matchmaking” them to properties that will deliver a perfect stay.
- Managing your own pipeline of leads and converting them into bookings.
- Hitting your personal KPIs and the collective Sales Team targets.
- Innovating and developing your sales techniques; contributing to team knowledge-sharing sessions; providing and learning from the team and peer feedback.
- Making every guest a Plum super fan and being an advocate for our brand by charming their socks off and giving them an incredible personalised service.
- Helping guests in the swift resolution of any issues that arise pre or in-stay.
Who we are looking for
This role requires a hungry and ambitious individual who finds the idea of working in one of the UK’s fastest growing start-up insanely motivating. You don’t need to have a ton of sales experience to be considered for the role. Your raw talent and work ethic is much more important to us. Specifically, though you are...
- A bilingual French / English speaker.
- Have a working knowledge of Paris and London.
- A natural salesperson who has a gift for persuasion.
- Loves the thrill of the chase in closing leads.
- Brings energy and loves the hustle.
- A true people’s person with great interpersonal skills.
- Fluent on the phone (even with strangers) and has strong written email communication.
- Has a track record of consistently smashing targets.
- Thrives on feedback to ensure you’re constantly growing as an individual.
- Has unreasonably high standards for what is good enough.
- Are super hard working with a brilliant work ethic.
- Entrepreneurial by nature.
- The opportunity to create something amazing. The concierge service is still in its infancy and it's a key pillar of the business, but there’s so much we can do.
- Incredible learning opportunities in building and scaling a digital business: not only will you play a key role in driving growth at a VC-backed business, but you will be exposed to all facets of scaling: fundraising, marketing, engineering, finance and ops.
- Be surrounded by smart and hungry people in a passionate, friendly and transparent culture.
- Be one of the earliest team members of what we believe will be one of the most famous start-ups of the next 10 years.
- Help our guests find amazing homes and make amazing memories with their friends and families from all over the world. Holidays = true human happiness!
- Competitive salary.