The Plum Guide is building a marketplace of the world’s best holiday homes. For real!
We are taking a systematic and obsessive approach to testing every single home on the planet, and accepting only the top 1%.
We do so by putting every home through The Plum Test: a gruelling hospitality exam, which uses a mix of algorithms and physical visits by hospitality experts.
We launched 2 years ago in London. Since then, we have grown 20% month on month, vetted over 80,000 homes and reached over £11m in annualised sales! We are backed by an all-star cast investor group including Local Globe (TransferWise, OneFineStay, Citymapper), Octopus Ventures (Secret Escapes, Eve, Tails), BGF Ventures (Trouva, Roli, Gousto), Alex Chesterman (Founder of Zoopla), William Reeve (Founder of Love Film), Alex Saint and Troy Collins (Founders of Secret Escapes), Errol Damlin (Founder of Wonga) Jason Goodman (Founder of Albion) and many more.
We have just closed a £5.7m Series A round of funding and are going on an aggressive expansion drive.
We are aiming to grow 10x over the next 18 months!
We expect 80% of that growth to be delivered through “Performance” Marketing (in the broadest sense). This will be your role.
Specifically, you will have hit the ball out of the park in your first 18 months, if you have:
- Grown our top line 15% month-on-month (that’s 10x over 18 months).
- Reduced our CACs by 40%.
What you’ll be up to
This is a highly entrepreneurial role that will quickly evolve and morph. However, to bring it to life, here is what you can expect to be doing:
- Designing the Plum growth plan: developing the strategy to grow our sales 10x over the next 18 months.
- Building a world class performance growth team: manage, upskill and lead your current team (2 people today) and grow it into a 5-6 person team by the end of the year.
- Optimising and growing our three performing channels to deliver against monthly targets:
- PPC (Google and Bing).
- Facebook & Instagram (mostly retargeting).
- Display Retargeting.
- Identifying two new scalable growth engines for Plum: these could be anything from social, affiliate, display, meta-search, content, email, CRM, data partnerships and so on.
- Launch and run our SEO program: to date we have done very little in this space.
- Work with our product team to optimise the conversion of different channels, through landing page and user flow optimisation.
- Be the owner of “Business Intelligence” with-in Plum: build expertise in conducting complex data analytics to help the business have a greater understanding of performance (LTVs, ROIs, conversion etc.)
- Be part of the leadership team and input into the overall direction of the company.
Who we are looking for
This role really does require a very diverse set of skills. The important thing is that you:
- Are a highly experienced Digital Marketing Director, with proven track record generating exponential month-on-month revenue growth for an “ecommerce” business.
- Have in-depth experience running profitable digital marketing programs on PPC (critical), Social and retargeting. Having experience in other channels (e.g. CRM, affiliates etc.) is a plus.
- Have a track record of discovering new growth channels and growing them into substantial revenue generators.
- A total data pro: highly numerically driven, with hands on experience working with large data sets and running complex e-commerce analytics (either personally or with your team).
- Are target driven and intensely commercial.
- Are scarily ambitious and with an unreasonably high standard for what is good enough.
- Highly analytical: able to deconstruct problems logically & solve them using data, insight & gut.
- A motivating, inspiring and energetic individual; able to attract amazing talent and inspire them to deliver the best work of their lives.
- Experience hiring and building marketing teams is a plus.
- Experience working in travel, also a plus.
- An unparalleled opportunity to make a name for yourself as a world class Growth and Marketing Director. If we make our objectives happen, you will inevitably be one of the most sought out talents in the global start-up scene.
- Genuine influence and control: you will join the leadership team and work as an equal with the founding team in setting the strategy and vision for Plum.
- Incredible learning opportunities in building and scaling a consumer brand: Not only will you lead the digital marketing of a VC backed business, but will be exposed to all facets of scaling a digital business: fund raising, product, engineering, finance and ops.
- Be the 20th team member, of what we aim to be, one of Europe’s most famous start-ups.
- Competitive salary and generous options scheme: our ambitions are huge and we hope it pays out for all.