The Plum Guide is building a marketplace of the world’s best short term homes. For real!
We are taking a systematic and obsessive approach to testing every single rental home on the planet, and accepting only the top 1%.
We do so by putting every home through The Plum Test: a gruelling hospitality exam, which uses a mix of algorithms and physical visits by hospitality experts.
We launched in London in 2016. Since then, we have grown 20% month on month, vetted over 80,000 homes and reached over £11m in annualised sales. We are backed by an all-star cast investor group including Local Globe (TransferWise, OneFineStay, Citymapper), Octopus Ventures (Secret Escapes, Eve, Tails), BGF Ventures (Trouva, Roli, Gousto), Alex Chesterman (Founder of Zoopla), William Reeve (Founder of Love Film), Alex Saint and Troy Collins (Founders of Secret Escapes), Errol Damlin (Founder of Wonga) Jason Goodman (Founder of Albion) and many more.
We closed our Series A round of funding in late 2017. The objectives of this round are to take Plum global and continue to differentiate the brand and the experience for our Guests and Hosts.
At Plum, we aim to be famous for impeccable service
Once our MatchMaking Team have found our Guests their perfect home, you will help ensure that things go smoothly and in the few cases there is a hiccup, you will step up and work with the Host, the Guests and the Plum Team to resolve things sharpish.
What does success look like?
The Customer Service Executive will have hit the ball out of the park if after 12 months you have moved the NPS needle proving that our Guests are happier than they were before you were there for them.
Your creativity and patience will be critical.
What you’ll be up to
• Customer Service.
• Support strategy development for post booking experience.
• Working with Hosts to ensure things go smoothly for Guests.
• Complaint resolution.
• Working with the Head of Customer Experience to create an impactful problem resolution toolkit for Hosts.
• Feedback analysis and planning.
• Social media management of guest feedback.
• Office management support.
Who we are looking for
This role requires a hungry and ambitious individual who finds the idea of working in one of the UK’s fastest growing start-ups super motivating.. Specifically, though you:
• Speak perfect English and ideally French or Italian
• Have a working knowledge of London and ideally Paris
• Are a hospitality natural with a passion for providing excellent service
• Are excited to use your initiative and be proactive, not just reactive when it comes to problem solving.
• A true people’s person with great interpersonal skills
• Thrive on feedback to ensure you’re constantly growing as an individual.
• Are confident working independently as well as part of a team
• Are super hard working with a brilliant work ethic and great organization skills
• Are entrepreneurial by nature
• Have brilliant phone and email manner.
• The opportunity to create something amazing. Our customer service is still in its infancy and it’s a key pillar of the business so there is a lot to build and develop.
• Incredible learning opportunities in building and scaling a digital business.
• Be surrounded by smart and hungry people in a passionate, friendly and transparent culture.
• Be one of the earliest team members of what we believe will be one of the most famous start-ups of the next 10 years.
• Help our guests make amazing memories with their friends and families from all over the world. Holidays = true human happiness!
• Competitive salary.
• Wonderful office location on Hoxton Square.