The Plum Guide is building a marketplace of the world’s best short term homes. For real!
We are taking a systematic and obsessive approach to testing every single rental home on the planet, and accepting only the top 1%.
We do so by putting every home through The Plum Test: a gruelling hospitality exam, which uses a mix of algorithms and physical visits by hospitality experts.
We launched in London in 2016. Since then, we have grown 20% month on month, vetted over 80,000 homes and reached over £11m in annualised sales. We are backed by an all-star cast investor group including Local Globe (TransferWise, OneFineStay, Citymapper), Octopus Ventures (Secret Escapes, Eve, Tails), BGF Ventures (Trouva, Roli, Gousto), Alex Chesterman (Founder of Zoopla), William Reeve (Founder of Love Film), Alex Saint and Troy Collins (Founders of Secret Escapes), Errol Damlin (Founder of Wonga) Jason Goodman (Founder of Albion) and many more.
We closed our Series A round of funding in late 2017. The objectives of this round are to take Plum global and continue to differentiate the brand and the experience for our Guests and Hosts.
We are looking for a rockstar to join our ambitious growth team as a Guest Sales Executive to help sell London and Paris today and very soon our new cities in Italy and the US. It would be fantastic if you know London and Paris well but is not required. It would be simply brilliant if you speak French and/or Italian and great spoken and written English is key.
Our Sales Team has been vital to our success so far and sits at the front and centre of our growth strategy.
This role will be working Tuesday - Saturday and there are options to start from 08.00 or from 14.00. Ideally you will have the flexibility to cover different shift times.
What you’ll be up to
Your responsibility will be to drive sales from potential guests who are looking to stay in one of the world’s best rental homes. Here is what you can expect to be doing on a daily basis:
Working from our Shoreditch office, you will respond to incoming guest enquiries via email, LiveChat, phone and WhatsApp.
- Listening closely to customer questions, guiding them with your local knowledge on our neighbourhoods and MatchMaking them with the homes that will deliver a perfect stay for their needs.
- Managing your own pipeline of leads and converting them into bookings.
- Hitting your personal KPIs and the collective Sales Team targets.
- Innovating and developing your sales techniques; contributing to team knowledge-sharing sessions; providing and learning from the team and peer feedback.
- Making every guest a Plum super fan and being an advocate for our brand by charming their socks off and giving them an incredible personalised service.
Who we are looking for
This role requires a hungry and ambitious individual who finds the idea of working in one of the UK’s fastest growing start-up exciting and motivating. Specifically, though you are…
A fluent English speaker ideally who also speaks fantastic French or immaculate Italian
Have a working knowledge of London and ideally Paris too
A natural salesperson who has a gift for persuasion
Love the thrill of the chase in closing leads
Bring energy and loves the hustle
- A true people’s person with great interpersonal skills
- Fluent on the phone (even with strangers) and has strong written email communication
- Have a track record of consistently smashing targets
- Thrive on feedback to ensure you’re constantly growing as an individual
- Are super hard working with a brilliant work ethic
- Entrepreneurial by nature
The opportunity to create something amazing. The Sales Team is in its infancy and it’s a key pillar of the business.
Be surrounded by smart and hungry people in a passionate, friendly and transparent culture.
Be one of the earliest team members of what we believe will be one of the most famous start-ups of the next 10 years.
Help our guests find amazing homes and make amazing memories with their friends and families from all over the world.