The Plum Guide is building a marketplace of the world’s best holiday homes. For real!
We are taking a systematic and obsessive approach to testing every single home on the planet, and accepting only the top 1%.
We launched 18 months ago in London. Since, we have vetted over 80,000 homes and on track to reach over £10m in annualised sales. We are backed by an all-star cast investor group including Local Globe (TransferWise, OneFineStay, Citymapper), Alex Chesterman (Founder of Zoopla), William Reeve (Founder of Love Film), Alex Saint and Troy Collins (Founders of Secret Escapes), Errol Damlin (Founder of Wonga) Jason Goodman (Founder of Albion) and many more.
We recently closed our Series A round of funding and are now taking Plum global. We launched Paris in March and now have Rome, Milan, New York & Los Angeles in our sights...
To launch a new city we need a collection of amazing homes. This role is part of a London based team who test the best hosts with the most beautiful homes in Rome, Milan, New York & LA to decide which should be awarded Plum status. Once awarded Plum status, you will be responsible for creating visual & written masterpieces to merchandise the homes on our website.
There’s a light & a dark side to this role.
On one hand, it’s an unparalleled opportunity to become a start-up expert. You will learn how a start-up plans to open a city, executes, and builds digital products. You will learn editorial & aesthetic judgement skills that will serve you for life, and how to get the best work out of creatives. If you wow us & love the work, there will be the opportunity for a permanent role after 3 months.
On the other hand, we have ridiculously high standards and we’ve not launched 4 cities simultaneously before - things will get intense, and not everything will go to plan. You’ll need to be driven, motivated by a challenge and willing to overcome obstacles daily to enjoy this ride.
This is our wish-list. If you were everything on it, we’d worry that you weren’t real!
- A taste maker: Obsessive about design, style, photography and copy. You have a great eye and a sophisticated taste in design, interiors, food and cultural experiences.
- A sharp eye for detail: you notice the small things. A sub-standard photo or badly written copy, would never get past your inspection
- You are ridiculously well organised
- You have unreasonably high standards for what is good enough.
- Super entrepreneurial & proactive: You care about getting shit done. And when obstacles inevitably get in the way, you know how to hustle.
- Committed & hard working - you may need to flex your work hours to stay on top of our LA hosts & freelancers
- You have excellent spoken & written English
Become a start-up expert
Make your mark by building something tangible in a matter of months
Learn skills that will serve you for life
Be a member of what we believe will be one of the most famous start-ups of the next 10 years
Work from a buzzing office on Hoxton Square