The Plum Guide is building a marketplace of the world’s best holiday homes. For real!
We are taking a systematic and obsessive approach to testing every single home on the planet, and accepting only the top 1%.
We do so by putting every home through The Plum Test: a gruelling hospitality exam, which uses a mix of algorithms and physical visits by hospitality experts.
We launched 2 years ago in London. Since then, we have grown 20% month on month, vetted over 80,000 homes and reached over £11m in annualised sales! We are backed by an all-star cast investor group including Local Globe (TransferWise, OneFineStay, Citymapper), Octopus Ventures (Secret Escapes, Eve, Tails), BGF Ventures (Trouva, Roli, Gousto), Alex Chesterman (Founder of Zoopla), William Reeve (Founder of Love Film), Alex Saint and Troy Collins (Founders of Secret Escapes), Errol Damlin (Founder of Wonga) Jason Goodman (Founder of Albion) and many more.
We have just closed our Series A round of funding. Now the real work begins. If we’re honest, building a standout brand has taken a backseat to growth at Plum - much to our disappointment. All that is about to change.
To stand out in an increasingly crowded space, building an iconic, sexy, global superbrand is going to be integral to our success.
That’s where you come in.
Plum is a brand-led company, but if truth be told, our brand is miles from where it needs to be. We’re looking for someone to help us transform into a brand loved by our target customer, rather than being vanilla to many. We genuinely want to disrupt!
What does success look like? You will have hit the ball out of the park if after 12 months you have:
- Built a brand, which feels aspirational and differentiated to our Mature Urban Creative audience.
- Brought this positioning to life across our digital product, in-stay experience, PR activity, email marketing and social channels.
What you’ll be up to
This is a highly entrepreneurial role that will evolve and morph as the business develops. However, to bring it to life, here is what you can expect to be doing:
- Execute our brand repositioning and become the guardian of our visual identity.
- Direct, produce and own all asset and content creation for the Plum brand - both physical and digital, customer and host-facing - to transform Plum into an iconic brand, working closely with designers, illustrators, photographers and videographers
- E.g. Devise our photography guidelines to position Plum as aspirational and distinguished to our target customer & direct photoshoots to bring this to life.
- Leverage our content through innovative social media campaigns, our blog and an email marketing strategy, to drive organic traffic and incremental bookings on Plum.
- Come up with the Plum personality and tone of voice.
- Create guidelines and build systems & processes to ensure all our comms and listings are written in this way.
- Come up with creative ways of bringing our proposition to life across our digital product and the in-home experience.
- Lead mini branding projects for Plum’s frontline customer and host-facing teams i.e. our Home Critics and our Concierge Bookers.
- E.g. Define what makes a Plum concierge, how we hire for the team, their tone of voice guidelines and much more.
Who we are looking for
If you possess some (or the full sweep) of the skills and experience below… we’d love to hear from you:
- You find the idea of building one of the world’s most iconic brands for a sophisticated and discerning target audience (who are often mis-marketed to) insanely motivating.
- You have a strong creative vision and a nuanced understanding of what makes a great brand.
- You can see your ideas through to the all-important execution stage, obsessing over every last detail.
- You are skilled at directing and working collaboratively with specialised creatives to bring an idea to life.
- You are passionate about great design.
- You have experience (or at least interest in) designing and implementing digital products - and the product development process.
- You show empathy, understanding and curiosity about our target customer (the mature urban creative).
- You have great communication skills and enjoy crafting copy.
- You’re skilled at insight work and know how to conduct qual and quant research to inform your thinking.
- You’re a hustler and a self-starter. You’re good at convincing people to come along for the ride and you get stuff done.
- You have unreasonably high standards for what is good enough.
- Incredible learning opportunities in building and scaling a digital business: not only will you oversee brand building strategy at a top-tier VC-backed business, but you will be exposed to all facets of scaling: fundraising, marketing, engineering, finance and ops.
- Lots of creative freedom in a risk-taking environment.
- If you make your objectives happen, you will inevitably be one of the most sought out talents in the start-up, creative and hospitality industries.
- Genuine ownership and autonomy to make The Plum Guide a famous viral growth story in the next few years.
- Be one of the earliest team members of what we believe will be one of Europe’s most famous start-ups.
- Be part of a passionate, friendly and transparent culture.
- Competitive salary and options scheme: our ambitions are huge and we hope it pays out for all.